Long Distance Movers
Surviving moving day
The idea of moving to a new place is exciting. The actual moving process, however, takes a lot of time and effort.
No matter how good your memory may be, mentally keeping track of your moving to-do list can easily lead to stress. Give your brain a break and write down a checklist of everything you need to do before moving. Not sure what to put on your checklist?
eleplace has put together a list of things. you need to take care of before you move:
- Notify service providers of your address change. There are quite a few service providers to notify that you are moving.
- Avoid missed bills and service lapses by letting the appropriate parties know that you are changing addresses.
- Pack non-essential items first. You should pack knick-knacks, seasonal clothing, and other items that you do not immediately need as soon as you can.
- Figure out travel for your move. No matter how you are traveling for your move, map out your route, reserve your rental, or purchase your tickets well in advance.
- Schedule your move with the moving company or truck rental company. Whether you are hiring a moving service or packing a truck yourself, confirm dates and schedules for your moving day.
- Deep clean your home. Moving is difficult enough without doing it in a messy home. Use this helpful cleaning checklist to prepare for your move.
- Prepare your family, pets, and plants. Have a plan for moving your family and pets to help moving day go smoothly. There are also various ways to pack plants for a move.
- Fill your prescriptions a week before you move. You want to make sure you have access to your medications while moving.