First, it's important to know what items should not go into storage, and this includes anything living, toxic, highly flammable, or edible. Next, consider the size of your storage unit. If you have something large or bulky you're thinking of storing, then you should first determine if your unit can accommodate it.
Most Common Items Put Into Storage
- Files, documents, and archives.
- Valuable, rare or collectors' items; antiques and expensive art.
- Vehicle or car storage.
- Seasonal items.
- Photographs, newspapers, and magazines.
Items You Can't Put in a Storage Unit
- Flammable or Combustible Items. Anything that can catch fire or explode is not allowed.
- Toxic Materials.
- Non-Operating, Unregistered, and Uninsured Vehicles.
- Stolen Goods and Illegal Drugs.
- Weapons, Ammunitions, and Bombs.
- Live Plants.
- Wet Items.